Cast Nylon Wheels, Rollers and Castors for Mechanical Engineering, Plant Engineering, Intralogistics
Wheels, rollers & castors machined from Viva’s cast polyamides are typically specified for heavier loaded applications. They provide very low rolling resistance (rollability), noise / vibration dampening and resistance to a wide range of corrosive substances. Under load, they exhibit low surface pressure and a high degree of tough elasticity, helping to provide protection to floors and tracks.
Our PA-6C and CP-612 wheels are machined on CNC lathes from billeted rod or tube, with the component shape and bearing attachments configured according to client specifications.
Our products can be found in load moving skates, rack-feeders, storage & retrieval systems, baggage handling, passenger transport, crane trolleys, track-pad and rail-track applications.
- Industrial castors
- Pallet rollers
- Flanged and grooved wheels
- Idler wheels
- Track wheels
- Crane carriages
- Door track wheels
Cast nylons are extensively used for steel mill components, offering lightweight handling and installation, long component life and reduced maintenance costs.
Modified PA-6C parts for hot & cold rolling mills, roll shops and pickling lines:
- Table Rolls: Support rollers with 6C-OFN bodies used for pickling-lines and strip-mills
- Thrust Collars: PA6C collars provide axial fixing for rolling mill chocks
- Slipper pads: PA6-OFN coupling inserts for slipper spindles
- Wear plates: PA6C-OFN protection for rolling mill stands
- Mandrel segments: PA6C split tubes to suit slitting line coilers & de-coilers.
Wastewater Treatment Equipment
In wastewater treatment processes, modified PA6-C parts are used for corrosion and abrasion resistant structural applications.
Cast nylon parts employed in the wastewater clarifier applications are designed to reduce system decomposition through chemical erosion.
- Corrosion resistance
- Reduced component weight
- Increased service life
6C-OFN Wastewater equipment applications
- Chain guides
- Wear strips
- Stub shafts
- Static sleeves
Valve and Seal
Wear Rings and Guide Rings
Wear / Guide rings are designed to outlast the seal as they are the only elements preventing damage to the cylinder. For this reason, we offer wide range of modified cast nylons deigned for high abrasion resistance, low coefficient of friction and high compressive strength.
Backup Rings or Anti-extrusion Rings
Backup rings are designed to prevent sealing elements from extruding into equipment clearances while under pressure. Rings are manufactured to provide support element performance to both piston and rod seals that are generally found in static or dynamic hydraulic applications.
These rings are available in various extrusion resistant cast nylon materials and are located on the back-side or low-pressure side of the sealing element they are supporting.
CP-612 Valve seats inserts
CP612, as a soft seat material, provides low moisture absorption and low torque characteristics
- Temperature range exceeds -40°C to +180°C
- Provide enhanced performance across a wide temperature and pressure range
- Available in dimensions from 25.4mm to 1500mm Ø
- Provides wear resistance, impact strength and improved resistance to moisture absorption
- Cost effective
Elevators, Escalators & Lifts
To customer specific designs, Viva Nylons centrifugally cast Yellow PA6-C tubes for machined deflection pulleys used in electric elevators.
PA6-C and our CP612 are also used in other lift applications such as elevator door wheels, chain sprockets and stairlift rollers.
- Light weight, making installation easy
- High load capacity
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good creep resistance
- Noise dampening
- Low inertia
- Low friction resistance, limiting wear on steel ropes
- Yellow, for safety
Theatrical Rigging Systems / Fly Systems
Viva Nylons manufacture cast nylon pulleys for upright and underhung rigging hardware pulley blocks.
Theatrical rigging systems enables a stage crew to hoist curtains, lights, scenery, stage effects and people quickly, quietly and safely. Our pulleys can be found in:
- PA6-C Moly Pulleys for head blocks
- PA6-C Moly Pulleys for loft Block
- PA6-C Moly Pulleys for mule Block
- PA6-C Moly Drums for winches
Pulley blocks, incorporating cast nylon pulleys, are specified for rigging applications in theatres, stage installations, TV and film studios, halls, clubs and schools.