Cast Nylon Wear Pads & Sliding Elements
We offer a wide range of thermoplastics suitable for sliding element, with wear-pads being produced from almost all of our 6C grades. When high friction resistances is encountered during telescopic movements we offer self-lubricating grades incorporating additives such as, oil, wax, polyethylene and (old-school) molybdenum disulphide. These additives help to mitigate wear on mating surfaces and extending the life of both the wear-pad and the application it comes into contact with.
We offer wear-pads finish-machined and inserted to suit customer specific designs, including angular shapes for multi-surface performance. Our solid lubricant filled grades offer exceptionally low coefficients of friction for applications where lubrication is limited or not permitted. 6C-WFN and 6C-PE possess exceptional pressure-velocity capabilities, aiding to nullify chatter from telescopic movement.
Wear-pad applications exist in various platforms including earthmoving, crane, material-handling, mining, material-processing, aerial-access, agriculture and refuse collection.
Benefits / Characteristics:
- 6C self-lubricating wear-pads incorporate built in lubricants such as oil, wax, UHMW-PE and MoS2
- Low coefficient of friction for applications where lubrication is limited or not permitted
- We offer wear-pads finish machined and inserted to suit customer specific designs
PA6C wear-pad applications include:
- Backhoe loader
- Aerial work platforms, access Platforms, material lifts
Crossover PA6C wear-pad applications include:
- Refuse trucks
- Industrial compactors and bailers
- Utility Hoists and Vehicles
- Forestry equipment
Cast Nylon Sheaves
Thermoplastic sheaves, manufactured from Viva’s cast polyamides, are ideally suited to many wire-rope lifting applications. PA6C properties allow for reduced contact pressure between the rope surface and sheave groove, greatly reducing wear on the outer rope strands and significantly improving rope lifespan.
Benefits & characteristics:
- Elasticity of PA6C reduces rope-to-sheave pressure, increasing rope lifespan
- PA6C is corrosion & weather resistant and requires no preservation to withstand harsh environments
- PA6C-MOLY is also popular for sheaves, containing finely divided particles of molybdenum disulphide to enhance load bearing capabilities while maintaining the impact resilience of unfilled PA6C.
- Maximum single-piece castings up to 1250 kgs and available up to 2M in diameter
PA6C sheaves weigh considerably less than steel, having a density of 1.15g/cm3, compared to 7.85g/cm3 (roughly one-seventh the weight of steel). Weight reduction can increase lifting capacity, allowing for longer boom capacity (or reduced counterweight compensation) and aid handling in transit and installation.
PA6C vibration damping properties provides a beneficial effect on the lifespan of loaded wire-rope systems. This including associated components such as bearings, busing and shafts. For reference, we fit plain, roller or ball type bearings alongside metallic bushing to suit client specifications and application requirements.
PA6C sheave applications include:
- Mobile and crawler cranes
- Pedestal cranes
- Truck mounted cranes
- Gantry cranes
- Straddle cranes
- Mechanical Clamshell Grabs
Crossover PA6C sheave applications include:
- Utility truck cranes
- Mobile drill rigs
- Launch and recovery systems
- Marine hoists
- Process sheaves
Cast Nylon Pile Driver Pads
Pile driver pads (also known as pile cushions or piling dollies) are designed to prevent damage to piling hammers and piles during operations. A piling hammers is a device used in the construction industry to drive piles (heavy beams) into the ground to provide foundation support for civil engineering structures.
Viva Nylons produce pile driver pads from our modified CP612. The copolymer cast nylon grade exhibits outstanding impact and abrasion resistance, with the polymer designed to dampen the force of the blow whilst effectively transmitted enough energy to drive the pile into the ground.
Benefits & characteristics:
- Extremely hard wearing and impact resistant
- Reduce noise pollution made during piling
- Tough elasticity for fast recovery from shock loads
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Casting and machining capabilities to suit any helmet size
Crossover CP612 / 6C-IMPACT applications:
- Outrigger pads / floats
- Cribbing plates
- Crane pads – offering strong, lightweight and solid support for mobile cranes